Application for S Pass Made Easy
March 23, 2016
Posted by Lee
on March 23, 2016 / Posted in About Singapore
Get To Work In Singapore Through Easy S Pass Application
Of all the different types of work visas that you can apply for in Singapore, the S pass
is the only one that applies a point system. The S Pass is aimed at mid-level skilled employees who either have a diploma, degree, specialise in a field and who earn a monthly salary above $2200. The point system is loosely based upon the following criteria:
- A fixed monthly salary in excess of $2200. (Older applicants with more experience will be required to earn more to achieve maximum points.)
- Tertiary education qualifications such as a degree, diploma and in some fields technical certificates.
- Work experience relevant to the specific field or sector the employee will work in.
- Any additional supporting documents that may impact on the S Pass application or speak to the value that the individual would bring.
Employers can only have S Pass employees up to 15% (referred to a the sub-Dependency Ceiling) of their entire workforce for the services industry and 20% for all other industries. The Ministry of Manpower will calculate the sub-Dependency ceiling as well as the levies associated with the amount of S Pass employees in an organisation.
An S Pass holder will be required to hold medical insurance in excess of $15000 per year. This amount must cover in-patient care as well as day surgery or emergency room procedures.
Current Work Permit holders can apply for an S Pass if they have gained a degree, diploma, other certification or improved their skills significantly. It is recommended that the applicant also meet occupation requirements of the Singapore Strategic Skills List. This list compile jobs and occupations that are expected to be in high demand.
Work Permit holders can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for a spouse or children over the age of 21 years. However, there are some conditions with which the S pass holder or dependant must first meet:
- The S Pass holder must earn in excess of $4000 as a fixed monthly salary.
- A legal marriage certificate for a spouse will be required. (Common Law marriages are not recognised.)
- Children must be under the age of 21 years.
- Children wishing to study at a public school in Singapore will be required to pass the Admission Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before entry into the school will be permitted.
If you are unsure whether you will be able to accumulate the necessary points to have your S Pass in Singapore approved, let Visa Express
make your application process easy.