At first glance, it may seem like a quite a simple process to apply to become a Singapore Permanent Resident (PR). However, meeting the basic requirements listed by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority to qualify are just the tip of the iceberg. Here at Visa Express, we aim to provide you with the best consultation and value-added services support to ensure that you qualify and apply in a manner that results in approval. Our success rate speaks for itself with 98% of our applicants achieving Permanent Residency status in Singapore when they put in their strengthened official applications forms with our team support.
There are only 3 basic categories in which you can qualify to apply to be a PR:
- Foreigners currently working in Singapore and holding a P, Q, or S Pass – Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, EntrePass or S Pass.
- Foreign investors/entrepreneurs investing over S$2.5 million in Singapore.
- If you are the legally married foreign spouse of a Singapore Citizen or the unmarried children (under the age of 21 years) and aged parents of a Singapore Permanent Resident.
Applying within the parameters set forth by the Singapore Government is relatively straightforward but this does not automatically mean that you will be granted a Permanent Resident status. There are no hard and fast rules as to how foreign employees in Singapore can better their chances at a successful Permanent Residency application. Our years of experience and success rate have taught us that the following guidelines should be followed upon application.
- The longer you live and work in Singapore, the better your chances.
- Applicants with higher levels of educational qualifications and/or skilled work experience are more likely to be considered.
- A good work record where you have been employed by the same company for at least 6 months. In this case, the longer the better also applies.
- Any supporting documentation as to value that you have contributed to the Singapore society and community.
- Display and interest in the culture and languages of Singapore (other than English) in an effort to integrate into society.
- Disclose any family who are citizens, PR’s or live and work in Singapore. Having a family of your own living with you in Singapore can also enhance your chances.
- Submit 6 months worth of salary advice as well as any other proof of your financial well being and ability to support yourself and/or family.
- Provide character references as to whether you are a law abiding person and committed to staying in Singapore.
It is important to note that these are only guidelines and not a checklist so you don’t have to fulfil all these qualifications. However, the more you measure up to the guidelines, the more likely you will be to receive approval.
There are a number of forms that you need to complete and a variety of supporting documents that must accompany your application. Submission of the forms is by appointment only and Visa Express will be happy to book your appointment as well as assist you with your form completion and the compilation of your supporting documents.
It should only take between 4 and 6 months to receive your approval. During this time Visa Express will constantly monitor and enquire as to the status of the application. Once you have received your approval letter, you will need to pay one last visit to the ICA to collect your PR cards.