The Singapore Employment Pass (EP) is a work visa that allows foreign managers, executives and specialists to land the relevant jobs in Singapore and stay in the country for at least 12 months.
If you are an entrepreneur and you have just incorporated a company in Singapore, you need to obtain an employment visa for working and living in the country. Singapore work visa is a must for all foreign corporate staff (including directors and managers) that is going to be relocated to Singapore.
Want to set up a business in Singapore? Employment pass has a few options:
- P1 Employment Pass (if your fixed monthly salary is no less than S$8,000 and your education qualifications are acceptable).
- P2 Employment Pass (if your fixed monthly salary is ranging from S$4,500 to S$8,000 and you possess a minimum degree or diploma qualification).
- Q1 Employment Pass (if you recently graduated from recognized college or university and you earn from S$3,300 to S$4,500 due to the lack of work experience).
As you can see, poor working experience isn’t the reason to deprive yourself from opportunity to start a new career in Singapore. Please contact One Visa for help in choosing the best option for you. Our Singapore work visa consultants will assess your qualifications for free and suggest the working permit that suits your situation the best.
The Singapore Employment Pass is valid within 1 to 2 years. If you apply for Singapore work pass for the first time in your life, the validity period of your employment pass can be prolonged for up to 3 years. Specific situations may require specific visas; that’s why you should contact One Visa for evaluating your situation. For example, if you or your foreign employee are heading for Singapore for a short-term work visit (from 2 weeks to 6 months), Short-Term Employment Pass or Training Employment Pass would be more winning options for you. Feel free to contact our work visa consultants for free assessment and strategizing. Learn more about different types of visas we serve on our page Other Singapore Visas.Renewals
If the expiration date of your Singapore employment visa (any kind) comes and you are still employed, you can renew your work pass. Renewals are valid for up to 3 years.
Advantages of Employment Pass Singapore
- If you applied for Singapore work visa successfully, you can bring your family with. Each member of your family should submit an individual application.
- All holders of Employment Pass in Singapore can travel in and out of Singapore and enjoy hassle-free immigration checks at the border.
- As a holder of employment visa in Singapore, you are eligible to apply for Permanent Residence (PR) after you have worked in the country for at least 12 months.
If settling in Singapore with your family and having all privileges Singaporeans have is what you aim at, obtaining the Permanent Residence is probably the main reason why you should apply for employment visa for Singapore. One Visa has helped numerous clients to find home in Singapore. Lean more about our PR services on our page about the Singapore Permanent Residence Visa.
If you are thinking of applying for Singapore Employment Pass, here are a few Key Factors to Consider:
- Your company sponsor should be a well-established organization in Singapore.
- You have a work contract with Singapore-based company.
- Your university / college degree qualification should be from a well-established educational institution.
- You should be able to prove at least 3-5 years of professional experience in the field relevant to the niche of your new job.
- Your expected salary in Singapore should be more than S$3,300.
- You have a valid international passport.
Other factors are: age, total salary, professional skills, related work experience, current citizenship, and the ability to complement local workforce. Your recognized educational qualification does not guarantee a successful EP approval because personal and professional qualifications do matter as well. In the same time, there are exceptional cases where the Ministry of Manpower of Singapore (MOM) approves employment pass for applicants who do not have any diploma/degree, but can prove many years of work experience and other merits (good job profile, salary, good employer track record, high company paid-up capital, tax contribution, and possessing strategic and in-demand skills in sunrise industries).
For successful procurement of Singapore Employment Pass, you have to make sure that you have the right documents, fill the forms correctly and fulfill each and every obligation.In case the foreign talent doesn’t have recognized qualification, the level of his/her salary has to increase in order to raise the chances for success in obtaining Singapore work pass. It can be challenging for some people, and we are here to guide you through the process in the shortest time and give efficient advice on the go. Contact us to know the right set of documents you have to equip yourself with for successful EP approval.
If you have doubts that you are able to meet all these requirements, please contact One Visa in any case as we have options for every kind of situation. Try out our comprehensive assessment absolutely for free to find out what kind of Singapore working pass suits you the best.
The VisaExpress Guarantee: In the unlikely case that you are not able to successfully get your desired Singapore visa through us, we issue you a partial refund of our service fees.